Wednesday 31 December 2014

Christmas is over in 2014 and Happy 2015! :)

Hello my dear Sentimentals! :)

Christmas is over for this year. We have to wait another year now for the nice food and exciting moments.
And let's prepare for tonight! When we celebrate all the good things happened in the past year and hoping for at least a similar or an even better year :)

I thought to put together a post a look back or a review of my past year on the last day of 2014.

JANUARY
I put down some New Year's resolutions and started the year with a day in Berlin :)

Hamburg Rathaus Townhouse
Hamburg Rathaus Townhouse




FEBRUARY
Was a big time for me! I turned 30 years old, which was celebrated in style with my best friend in Hamburg! Champagne for everyone! Travelling on first class and staying in a 5 star hotel! :) But...Udo somehow forgot about my birthday :(
And I was preparing my application to a masters programme.


no barking aRt biennale 2014 London Bricklane
no barking aRt biennale 2014 London Bricklane



MARCH
I learnt that my once best friend was never really a friend...he just used me, just like he used me in March...and yes since then we never spoke again.
With a good friend I went to Bricklane one weekend, when we saw a pretty cool exhibition. I wrote down my thoughts and feelings about it and it attracted the curator's attention, so in...





APRIL
Stockholm Glass Monument at Main Square
Stockholm
I wrote an entry to a printed/online free art magazine - no Braking aRt magazine - under the title "Sonja's adventures in..."
Besides the release of the paper I also travelled to Stockholm with another best friend!

No barking art magazine Sonja's adventure
My First Article










MAY
For the first time I visited my friends Claire and Paul in York. Udo's birthday was also in this month and I started driving in London getting ready for the big trip to Australia, New Zealand and Dubai.
Yorkminster in York from the wall
Yorkminster in York from the wall
JUNE
The flat I live in was attacked by builders and it was under siege for 3 weeks instead of the initial 5 day plan, which made me write one of the most popular post about London vs Berlin.
New Tap on the bathtub Bathroom refurbishment
Bathroom and kitchen refurbishments
Oslo Parliament Building
Oslo Parliament Building
JULY
Was busy with sending the application to the university! Yes only in July because I was waiting for the reference from my uni tutor.
Besides I travelled to Norway-Oslo and the Spitsbergen, where I met more lovely people!
Svalbard Longyearbyen colourful houses
Svalbard Longyearbyen 1, 2


AUGUST
I travelled to Hungary, but this time, I was like a tourist in our own capital, spending there 2 weeks, finding the local gems, and realising, Budapest really became a cool city! I would say it's the little sister of Berlin.
Little Princess in front of Buda Castle in Budapest
Little Princess in front of Buda Castle in Budapest

Hungarian Parliament Building in Budapest
Hungarian Parliament Building in Budapest
SEPTEMBER
I learned that my uni application was unsuccessful because I don't have enough work experience.
Due to a misunderstanding in texting, Udo thought I was pregnant (not from him of course) and when I told him I was not...he was actually relieved. Why? Does he want to be the daddy of my kids? <3
And finally time has come...my mom and me started our biggest trip of our life! My Emirates prize, which was a trip to anywhere using up to 6 flights, has started! We went to Australia, New Zealand and Dubai (UAE).
Ayers Rock Uluru in Australia
Ayers Rock Uluru in Australia

Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House 

Queenstown New Zealand Look Out
Queenstown New Zealand Look Out

Dubai Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world
Dubai Burj Khalifa 
OCTOBER
Was busy with work...doing lots of overtime and hosting friends almost on all weekends and even week days!
Many of my beloved colleagues also left work, so we had many eating outs and Friday parties.
And started 2 courses which might help me find the right way in my future!
SushiSamba Menu in Heron Tower London
SushiSamba 
NOVEMBER
Was pretty much the same as October.
Plus writing the 2nd entry of Sonja's adventures, which will be featured in the "no Barking aRt" magazine.
Breakfast Club Hidden bar London Bridge
Breakfast Club hidden bar London Bridge

DECEMBER
Finally at the beginning of the month I met someone...he is handsome, funny, TALL and very intelligent and arty what I love, however the spark is not yet there from my end, but it would be great if it was there...it might come later...
It's Christmas Time! :) and when I thought I am not thinking of Udo at all, he then just got in touch with me for Christmas...so he still thinks about me...
Merry Christmas Blurry lights on Christmas trees in the church
Blurry Lights on Christmas trees
Oh what a year! :) For me, it could have been busier, but in the end I felt really tired and I just wanted to relax!
Besides all these trips, there were lot of people couchsurfing at my place, concerts, theatre and just some catch ups with friends :)

Do you like to take a look at your past year...to see what you have done, accomplished, not achieved, or to learn from any mistakes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!
I wish you all the very best for 2015! An even better and more prosperous new year accomplishing all what you would like! Keep the new years resolutions and find Love, keep friends and earn more money and stay happy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...