Monday 21 October 2013

Theatre pattern dress: Dress to impress

Theatre pattern dress to impress

The other day I was talking to my best friend who writes a blog and she was the one who switched me back to blogging mood :-)
I was explaining and showing her the clothes via Skype I just bought that day as a treat for myself from a charity shop with amazing findings including Dolce and Gabbana, Kenzo, Etro, vintage stuff, Oroton and other high street brands like Mango, Zara or Topshop.
One of the vintage top was peplum and My friend Selinda immediately knew what I was talking about which was weird for me, because usually Hungarians don’t know what peplum means.

Peplum aka Overskirt.

Lana del Rey in H&M from here.

Then she elaborated that she followed a fashion blog and used to read it regularly. The author mentions peplum many times, thus she is well aware of its meaning.

Hmmm never read a Hungarian fashion blog, so to fulfil my curiosity of what trends and styles Hungarians would promote I had a look at the blog and I have to say I really liked what I saw there. The blog is not about the usual 'Plazacica' Keyo/Mayo/Amnesia style, which is usually worn by girls thinking they are the most fashionable girls.
The conclusion there are more and more people in Hungary with great taste in fashion :-)

Then I came across with the DRESS from SheInside.com.

Dolce and Gabbana dress replica from SheInside.

Dolce and Gabbana dress replica from SheInside.

Dolce and Gabbana dress replica from SheInside.
Even though it's a replica it looks pretty amazing and pretty similar to Dolce and Gabbana's genuine dress.

D&G puppets
Dolce and Gabbana Spring Summer 2013 from here.

The DRESS which embodies all my needs and what I wanted at the moment. I immediately saw myself in my mind’s eye in this dress in front of my German Love, Udo, having an irresistible effect on him.

The dress. The cut. Its fall. Beautiful, gorgeous, bold! Bit vintage! Very womanly!Amazing!

And lastly it immediately reminded me of the Typewriter dress from Mary Katrantzou.

Mary Katrantzou Twill Typewriter Dress in Red - Lyst
THE TYPEWRITER dress by Mary Katrantzou from here.
And the Typewriter dress from Katrantzou in last year's Christmas Selfridges Window. Photos by me.
Typewriter dress from Katrantzou in last year's Christmas Selfridges Window by me.
Typewriter dress from Katrantzou in last year's Christmas Selfridges Window by me.
Typewriter dress from Katrantzou in last year's Christmas Selfridges Window by me.

Do you dear reader, dear friend like these extravagant attention seeking dresses/patterns?

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...